BOURBONNAIS, IL – Changing your engine oil and filter at appropriate intervals helps maintain your vehicle. Clean oil lubricates your engine, and is necessary to help protect your engine and ensure its proper function. Without this periodic service, the resulting metal-on-metal contact could cause severe damage.
Regular oil and filter changes help your vehicle run with optimum efficiency. Use the proper grade of engine oil recommended in your Owner’s Manual to improve your gas mileage by as much as 2%, according to fueleconomy.gov and epa.gov.
In general, Ford Motor Company recommends the following oil change schedule:
- 2008 and newer model-year vehicles: every 7,500 miles or every six months, whichever comes first
- 2007 and older model-year vehicles: every 5,000 miles or every six months, whichever comes first
Change your oil and filter more often if you have any of the following driving habits:
- Towing or carrying heavy loads
- Idling extensively or driving at low speeds for long distances
- Driving in dusty conditions
- Driving off-road frequently
- Using E85 fuel more than 50% of the time
When you drive regularly on rugged terrain or in unfavorable conditions, Ford Motor Company recommends an alternate oil change schedule:
- 2008 and newer model-year vehicles: every 5,000 miles or every six months, whichever comes first
- 2007 and older model-year vehicles: every 3,000 miles or every three months, whichever comes first
A properly maintained vehicle lasts longer and runs more efficiently than one that is not maintained. To find out what scheduled maintenance is recommended for your vehicle, consult your Owner’s Manual.
Typical benefits of regular maintenance:
- Helps ensure optimal operation, reliability and safety
- Can prevent unexpected failures
- Helps maximize efficiency
- Helps improve trade-in or resale values
To schedule your next oil change you can contact your local Quick Lane at Court Street Ford by calling (877)293-3795 or visit our website to fill out an appointment request. We also take walk-ins, no appointment necessary!
Court Street Ford, located at 558 William Latham Drive, is a multi-year president’s award winning dealership. We have been serving the Kankakee, Bradley, Bourbonnais area for 30 years and counting! We are committed to exceptional customer service. Stop by or give us a call at (815) 939-9600, our knowledgeable sales team and service department will be happy to help and are dedicated to providing the best experience for every customer.
Sources: ford.com. fueleconomy.gov and epa.gov
Visit our website: Court Street Ford